Member of MGM
About the organization
The Private English Schools Cyprus Association was originally founded in the 1960’s but was dissolved because of the 1974 war in Cyprus. lt was refounded in the 1990’s and again recently in order to include similar curriculum schools only.
Its aims are:
- To advance and protect the interests and rights of our students in relation to all other state owned schools and to represent private schools in the House of Representatives and in legislation procedures.
- To gain financial aid from the state for our students’ benefit and tax relief for parents who choose to enroll their children in our schools.
- To achieve minimum government interference in our curriculum and educational goals.
- To achieve maximum use of technology and to be flexible in our teaching methods and to learn from each other’s experiences.
- To have access in European funds and educational projects for the benefit of our schools and students.