After the presentation of the current situation in Greece during the last meeting of the Management Committee Meeting, in Istanbul, our colleagues from the Hellenic Private Schools Association, asked ECANIS for a joined action for a very urgent matter: National legislation threatens Greek Private Schools.
ECNAIS responded positive, by sending letters to:
- The President of the Commission: Mr. Jean-Claude Juncker
- European Council President: Mr Donald Tusk
- President of the European Parliament: Mr Martin Schulz
- European commissioner for education: Mr Tibor Navracsics (Rodrigo Ballister in CC)
- EU commissioner of competition: Ms M. Vestager
- Members of European Parliament from the Committee of Culture and Education
- Members of European Parliament from the Committee Economic and Social affairs
- The Ambassadors (from the 28 EU State members) heads of the Permanent Representation in Brussels
- The President of the ANEL Party; Mr. Panos Kammenos
- Minster of Education of Greece; Mr Aristeidis Baltas
- Prime Minister of Greece: Mr Alexis Tsipras
ECNAIS member organizations were asked to bring a letter under the attention of the Greek Ambassador and their national and European network as far as it can be of help for their Greek colleagues from the Hellenic Private Schools Association.